cover photo © Asta
Spiritual protection is a protection that many of us don't consider, nor are we taught how to protect ourselves apart from prayer and faith. But by utilizing all the tools that surround us, we can help protect ourselves from negative entities, spirits, and emotions. Through this article, Jeniffer will cover five crystals that help with protecting our energy. In addition to these crystals, I am preparing a protection course to help teach more people how to protect themselves to reduce the chances of entity attachments, This course will be available for presale in late August.
Crystals for Protection
If you’re reading this, you’ll know what i mean when I say we could all use a little protection from the shade 2020 has been throwing. This year has left me drained- and I know I’m not alone. Here are some great crystals that can help you protect your energy whether you place them on your desk, next to your bed, wear them as jewelry, or even grid with them.
1. Black Tourmaline- This bad boy is a staple in my “collection.” I have it in every room of my house- even in the closets (paired with selenite actually). Its a super powerful protection stone capable of grounding and clearing a space. I also like to keep it in my purse (or on me) to help protect from energy vampires- or assholes. I mean, I don’t condone throwing rocks- but sometimes its the only thing that helps 😉😂 This stone is also easy to clear/recharge with sunlight if you are like me and forget to get everything out on the full moon.
© Serena Williamson
2. Black Obsidian- I mean- who doesn’t love owning lava? The super cool thing about black obsidian is that it actually draws IN the negative energy. So it protects the wearer and the space its placed in. According to Feng Shui, black obsidian is good for the north bagua area (the area connected to career and path in life) and offers protection and helps clear obstacles in ones life. Because it does draw in the negative energy, it needs to be cleared regularly. I’m a terrible crystal mom and use the sun on occasion- but you can also use running water, sage, and moonlight to clear black obsidian.
3. Black Kyanite- I’m starting to sense a theme here 😂 Fun fact: It is said that Archangel Michael’s blade was made of kyanite. Black kyanite can also be used to heal tears or holes in the chakras or in auras! It is the ultimate protection stone as it repairs spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental bodies while keeping you grounded and centered. Use it to cut the cord with those draining people who plague you. Bonus fun fact: Black kyanite almost never needs clearing/recharging as it doesn’t hold on to any of that negative energy or vibrations.
4. Pyrite- This one surprised me. Most everyone knows pyrite as the “go-to” for attracting abundance and wealth into your life, but pyrite actually does this super cool thing where it mirrors the energy back towards whomever is sending it. Think of it as the “cool” version of “I’m rubber, you’re glue…” Pyrite should never be cleansed with water- but sage, moonlight, and sunlight all will work.
© Serena Williamson
5. Jet- It only made sense to round out with another black stone 😉 This stone is small, but mighty. Jet has the ability to draw out the negative energies that are lingering in your auric field. Fun fact: You can pair it with garnet for even stronger effects. Jet is also great for those of us who identify as empaths- it helps “shut off” that sometimes brutal “feel too much” state we can get stuck in. Just be aware that if you’re relying on it heavily, it may need cleansing several times a day. Jet can be cleansed/recharged with water, sage, salt, moonlight, or sunlight.
Honorable mentions include: smokey quartz (great for workplaces with negative vibes), fluorite (can actually hide your aura and protect you from targeted attacks), amethyst (helps clear your energy field), and labradorite (creates an armor-like barrier around your aura).
Jeniffer is an international wedding and boudoir photographer who bounces between Florida and Montana. She’s a firm believer in mandarin oranges on pizza and the power of knowing your soul tribe. When she and her kids aren’t road tripping or adventuring, they’re probably arguing over whether or not it's bedtime or they’re eating pancakes.
A self proclaimed rock hoarder, she enjoys working with #alltherocks and reading tarot. She is currently working on reiki and always looking to up her meditation and yoga game.